Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 4- exercise

I need to remind myself today that exercise is my friend. Yes, my friend. My friend because it cares about me, it takes care of me, and it knows how to fix my body. Right? For a long time now, food has been my friend, but it was deceitful and it lied to me, convincing me that yummy sugary treats could fill my aching heart. No, only God can fill my aching heart. I must rely on His strength to face the ugly things that caused my heart to think that I could feel better if I ate or drank sugary things to numb the pain in my heart.
No longer shall I try to receive acceptance from people who don't have that to give. True acceptance and love comes from God. When I get that inside of me strong, then I won't feel this aching need for people to fill His place any longer.

Ephesians 3:14-21

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,[c] 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 1:6
to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

and lastly.... a reminder....

“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose

heart.” -Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment