Friday, January 6, 2012

Today is day 3

Today is day 3 of my journey to freedom. Actually, it started awhile ago, but specifically I am referring to me changing my lifestyle in order to lose weight and to be healthy. Specifically, I just want to be healthier. I want to seek God first, and let Him fill the deep holes in my life instead of trying to get food, tv, the internet, and other things to fill the deep holes that only God can fill and heal.
So, this blog is specifically for this area of my life. I am not sure how pretty this journey is going to be. At this moment, I have very high hopes that all things will go smoothly. But, I know myself quite well. It isn't unreasonable to imagine that I might have a day or two where I want to quit, where it's hard, and I don't want to do it.
Today marks day 3 of exercising and drinking a lot more water. Those are my first two goals. I am doing this piece by piece. I think that is the best way for me, it may be a slower way to go, but I am looking at the long term.
My biggest challenge is drinking water and exercising. I hate exercising, and I hate sweating. I hate drinking water, it seems the more water I drink, the more water I need and not vice versa, which is why I hate drinking it. Truth, LOL!
I have been doing it. I am already seeing a change in me, my desires, and even in my body weight. I weighed myself yesterday morning and weighed in at 274. Today I weighed in at 271.4. I am shocked, I don't think that has ever happened so quickly to me. I must of been retaining a lot of water or something. I have been walking (Aerobic walking) 2 miles a day. I am sore, and truly exhausted, but I know I need to keep going.
The weight I want to get to, while supposedly still not my ideal weight, is 160. I think that is reasonable compared to where I am now. That is a total weight loss of 111.4 pounds as of today that I am working towards.
This coming July, I have my 20th class reunion. I haven't seen my class since I graduated in May of 1992. I am very nervous about it, and I want to be really seeing some progress in working towards my goals by then. I know I won't lose it all by then, but I am just looking for progress.
So, with that, I am signing off for now.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment