Saturday, July 7, 2012

This journey is long...........

I want to lose a hundred more pounds. I am excited about my goal. I am working towards my goals. Being realistic for me is not being negative, it's realizing that it didn't take me a month to get this severely obese, nor will it take me that long to lose a hundred pounds. I have realities that someone who is 30 pounds overweight do not have. Every moment of every day I face challenges.Sometimes I am on a high and it's super easy, but it gets challenging when I feel stressed, lonely, someone hurts my feelings, etc. Those are the moments that I am drawn to food. The difference is that I am no longer eating a plate full of buttered noodles, but instead I am choosing to eat a banana. Still food, but better for me food.
Sometimes I read other people's words about their journey and how awesome they are, and I feel a bit hurt, like they took a knife and stabbed me repeatedly. They are so self righteous and it feels judgmental towards a struggle they can't relate to. Don't tell me that you are in the same boat as me when you never had over a hundred pounds to lose. Yes, these are the words of a girl who is a bit angry and frustrated.
You just have no idea what someone else is going through until you walk the path yourself.
By the way, I love Beachbody so much and I believe whole heartedly in the company. That is why I became a coach. I want to help others achieve their goals, through encouragement and support. There is so much to be said about being healthy and fit and active. This whole thing IS my life.... and I take it very seriously. I am not "quitting", even when I have a momentary lapse. I have mercy and grace for my own self on this journey. Every day is a new day.... if I didn't get it done today, I can get it done tomorrow.
So there you go... my heartfelt rant.....

No comments:

Post a Comment